Art this week was a hit. I found this idea on The Artful Parent Blog a few weeks ago, and I thought our boys might really enjoy it.
Sure enough, melted crayon rock art is great! In case you want to try this out, here are the easy steps:
- Heat the rocks in a 350* oven for 10-15 minutes
- Once hot, remove one rock at a time with a hotpad or tongs
- Use unwrapped crayons for melting right on the hot rocks
- We also had a bowl of ice water in case we touched the hot rocks
- And we had foil set up for a place for the rocks to dry
The finished products are beautiful! As we created, we talked about how the rocks reminded us of the rock that was rolled away from Jesus’ tomb and how Jesus is our Rock who is steady. This could be a new tradition to celebrate the Resurrection.